What can You see in the image?
Yes! Well Done!!
This image is called the “Rubin’s cup” and it shows a big truth about the so called reality. In the image You can see either 2 faces or a cup, but You cannot see both at the same time.
…..What does it mean?….
It means that, our experiences, acquire different meanings depending from the perspective we are looking it from. Life is all about perspective. We can choose to see the 2 faces, or the cup; (a more common one) we can choose to see the glass half empty or half full.
…..So You are telling me that I can choose which meaning to give to each of my experiences?…
BINGOOOO!!!! This is it! Think about a rainy day. If You were planning a picnic with friends in a beautiful park, how do You feel about the rain? And how do You feel instead, about the rain, if You planned to spend a day relaxing at home, reading a book or watching a film? And how do You feel about the rain if You were a farmer and has been a very drought week?
….WOW!!! So… It is HOW I FEEL about something that gives the meaning to it!!!
BOOOM!!!! Yes again!! And this is a process You do it unconsciously to any given situation in Your Life. But the good news is that, having the awareness of how these stuffs work, You can consciously choose the meaning You are giving to Your reality, changing the emotional state You are in.
It sounds great!!…. But How can I do It?
The process is very simple and fun, and once You get used to it it will become automatic! I’ll guide You trough the 6 steps to change perspective!
- Step 1: EXPERIENCE: Think about a moment, a situation, or a challenge that You are currently facing. See it, hear it, feel it. How is it strong in a scale from 1 to 10?
- Step 2: AWARENESS: Then ask Yourself: What meaning AM I giving to this situation? How Is the meaning I’m giving to this situation serving me? What am I focusing on?
- Step 3: PERSPECTIVE: If I could change the meaning of this situation, which one could I choose? Which other meaning, that will serve me better, CAN I give to this situation? What else? What else? (be creative and see how many different meaning You can give to that situation)
- Step 4: CHOICE: Now choose the meaning that serve You better and start creating the new story of the event based on it.
- Step 5: LESSON: Everything in Life happens for a reason. And the reason is that in any given event there is a lesson to learn for our physical, mental or spiritual development. Until we learn the lesson, other similar events will keep on recurring in our life, in order to help us fulfilling our purpose. This is the nature of KARMA. The last question is the reflection on the lesson presented in the event. Instead of asking “Why this always happen to me?” use smarter questions like: What was in it for me? What is the lesson I got to learn here? Knowing what I know now, what can I do next time? and now, be still, listen to your inner voice and pick the first world, image or sensation that comes up to You. Don’t judge it, because this Your lesson, given from Your Greatest Master.
- Step 6: ASSESSMENT: Now assess Yourself about the situation asking: In a scale from 1 to 10, how strong is my feeling towards that situation? And measure Your progress from the first answer.