Following the highly inspirational day with Sabian Muhammad from Enterprise Lab, talking at the 80 Young People now participating at the NCS programme, I’ve been moved to share with You this article about How to develop an entrepreneurial mind.
(Click on the mind map for the enlarged picture)
What do all great entrepreneurs have in common?
What do Tony Robbins, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Sir Ken Robinson have in common? and What strategy do they use? If I started the day with these questions, surely after Seiban talk I came back with all the answers. Great Entrepreneurs have a set of procedures that, consciously or unconsciously are following all the time. A set of procedure that make the Entrepreneurial Mind. A Great Entrepreneur is Inspired: entrepreneurs are moved from a vision, a vision that comes from creating a solution to people’s challenges and needs. A vision in constant expansion, a global scale vision. They understand people’s needs and challenges and use their creativity, skills and talents to create the World they would Love to leave to their future generations. Great Entrepreneurs have a strong belief in themselves, their vision and their capabilities; a belief telling them that Everything is Possible, that failure is just another learning opportunity that will allow them to improve.
“I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” T. Edison
mmm… interesting.. and so, what is the strategy that Great Entrepreneurs use to have such a big impact on people’s life?
Wise question! I’ve been introduced to this model by Seiban. And this is the model that every entrepreneur has to bear in mind every time the “creative bulb” starts lightening. The Model is called ISBA. ISBA stands for, Issue, Solutions, Barriers, Actions.
ISBA…. well… and How can I practically use ISBA?
Hold on!! ahaha!! I see awakening the Entrepreneur within You!!
Now I’m going to briefly talk through each section, spotting the key points of each step.
The first step is to identify the Issue, the problem that You want to solve. Ask Yourself these questions:
- What is that You really care about?
- What do You Love in Life?
- What do You really care about?
- What is the main change You would like to see in Your community, society, World?
- If You were to see Yourself 70 Years from now, What would You like people to remember You for? What impact have You left in Your society?
- What is that moves You and excite You to the point to dedicate Your Life to It?
dig deeper… This is part of Your Life Purpose.
For Example, My Purpose is to support children, youths and adults connecting with themselves, find the Purpose they have lost, creating the Happy Life they deserve to Live.
Answer those questions and then move to step 2.
- After having identified what challenge You want to see solved, that moves You to the point where You see is Your mission in Life to solve it, it is time to brainstorm all the possible solutions. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers at this stage, just ideas. The Ideas will flow and tap into Your creative self. Everything is possible if You believe so.
Answer now the following questions:
- What can You do to solve this challenge?
- What else can You do? (ask this one several times until You feel exhausted!)
- What have other people, who faced the same challenge, done in the past? What can You take from Their experience?
- If You have all the resources (money, time, support) You need, what would You do?
- What would Your role model do to solve the challenge?
Move now to step 3.
In this phase You are going to take a deep look into what is really stopping You achieving it. The internal and external obstacles You have found, You find and You might find. The resources that You need and the support that is missing. What You really need also in terms of Knowledge and skills.
- What obstacles might come up on the way?
- What obstacles I’m facing now?
- What do I need that I don’t have? (support, knowledge, skills..)
and now, after a detailed look You can move to the last phase.
Now You have the opportunity to plan the tasks to overcome every obstacle and eventually create the reality You were aiming for. It doesn’t have to be a massive action, but a small, daily improvement will lead You beyond Your best expectations. Also You might want to think How You are going to move through, Who is going to do those or support You, and When You are going to do those.
Remember: “A Goal is a dream with a date.”
Now it is time for questions!!
- What are You committed to do to overcome every obstacle?
- What sets of actions will build Your action plan?
- What are the actions that will bring You the biggest expected results?
- How are You going to do each of those actions?
- Who is going to do those actions or support You?
- When are You committed to do those?
WWow!!! This is Mindblowing!!!! BOOOMM!!! I love it!!
A special Thanks to Enterprise Lab to be so inspiring and for sharing this valuable tool!
I decided to attach to each post a mind map, so, if You don’t want to read it entirely, You’ll have the chance to know the key point of every post!
What do You think about it?
I’m looking forward Your feedbacks!!